Putting pictures on the forum.

Home Forums Forum Putting pictures on the forum.

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    StuStu

This post will help you tell a thousand words by helping you put pictures and images on the forums.

This is a forum, it isn’t facebook. the storage of this website and forum is tiny compared to an image gallery. So we havn’t got a facility to upload pictures to the site itself, but this is normal, that is how it was before facebook.

To add a picture to the forum we must link to it. I’ll try to explain.
    You put the picture somewhere that the internet can access it then using the “img” button, enter an address or URL so that the forum can relay and display it. thats all, just put it somewhere else.

So, where can you put it? the answer is “somewhere visible to the internet. Your computer is not visible because you want to keep it secure” well, if you are reading this, then Im guessing you dont have your own webserver, ’cause that would work a treat. a public folder in Dropbox, that works too, an image hosting service such as instagram or flicr, or just a media sharing website such as mediafire or tinypic.com.

so, as an example, open tinypic.com in another tab, I like tiny pic. it just works and you dont need to log in to an account or anything. click browse and select your picture. then click upload. you’re almost done. now, it will present you with four bits of code. these are almost all the same, just slightly different, but we can use either the second one for forums with the IMG tag already there for you, just cut and paste it in to your text, or you can use the fourth one down wich is a direct link. Copy it to your clipboard and come back to the forum and click the img button. finaly paste it in to the dialogue box you are presented with and press enter. the website is here, your picture is there and hey presto, it all comes together at the other end. the beauty of the t’internet.

I hope that helps.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Putting pictures on the forum.’ is closed to new replies.